1. What is the standard break-in procedure?
You should drive couple of eight figures and 100 km of regular driving.
2. What is the average lifetime of conversion set friction plates?
Lifetime of conversion set friction plates is approximately 50.000 km.
3. Is the conversion set plug&play or some machining is necessary?
Most of conversion sets are plug&play, however some of them requires machining of output flanges (like BMW).
Please note that all BMW models after year 2008. has welded crown gear to carrier unit which need to be removed for installation.
4. Can I buy free play shim (E46 M3) separately from service pack?
We stop selling it separately as it is not 100% solution for the problem without clutch pack.
5. What is the power limit that conversion set can handle?
Conversion sets are tested to 500 hp and 600 Nm.
6. I noticed a small particle on one spline. What should I do about it?
That small piece on teeth is unavoidable from laser cutting. But it will easily come off. You can just push it against the gear. Next time it will go very smooth.
7. My clutches doesn't go smooth on to the gear. Is that normal?
We attend to keep the smallest possible tolerances between spider gear and clutch splines in order to avoid any free play in differential. Therefore they may seem tighter than original, but that is much better than to be loose. Free play is not good in differential and might result with ’’clunking’’ sound.
8. I bought Multi Variation Ramp set. Which angles should I choose and what setup can I expect?
30°/30° - Aggressive lock both on throttle and engine braking. Recommended for drift use and gravel rally.
30°/60° - Aggressive lock on throttle, but soft on engine breaking. Recommended for circuit racing and hill climb. Definitely option for grip driving.
50°/65° - Excellent choice for grip driving especially for less experienced drivers. The most forgiving option if you don’t want to loose your grip. Requires at least 4 clutch set.
9. Is the conversion set suitable for race usage?
Conversion set is the product engineered for street driving and occasional track usage.
10. How is our LSD conversion kit different than the Torsen (helical) LSD?
The principle of work is different (clutch type LSD) and our product is slightly better adapted to everyday street driving.
Since we are using existing carrier unit we manage to obtain much better price compared to other aftermarket LSD solutions.
11. How much you charge for installation? Can I send my unit to you for the installation?
Since we deal only with production and sales, we don't have precise information about installation costs.
Due to tax import regulations in our country we are not able to accept packages so we suggest to contact some of our distributors.
12. I have welded ring gear, how should I install the conversion set?
Process should go like this:
- take the unit to the machine shop to cut it where it is welded. Three mm deep cut is enough.
- heat it on 150°C
- remove it using hydro press
- install the set according to installation manual
- put it back in reverse order of operations
- weld it again.
13. Which oil do you recommend?
Our recommendation is Motul Gear Competition 75W140.
14. What is the main difference between your Progressive LSD conversion set and other known products such as Phantom grip?
1. Other products relies only on preload locking the differential by using high rated springs. Specific Ramp angle design of our conversion set allows for low preload while still retaining a progressive lock capability; basically, the vehicle will feel like driving on an open diff in slow turns / street driving, but it transmits torque to both drive wheels under load (higher revs).
2. Everyone is afraid of Material wrapping as a side effect of Similar products. Therefore we put friction shims between gears and plates. The same material from which we make our LSD clutch plates is used. This Provides much better resistance and longevity. Friction plates are replaceable.
3. Material that we use in production it the high grade tool steel. All components are chemically heat treated for maximum durability.
15. If you need shipping information please visit this page:
16.You can find our refund policy on this page: