This is NEW Easy mount version which doesn't require machining of spider gear to be fitted. The set contains all parts necessary for installation.
The set is available for the most BMW non M models such as:
- 1 series: E81, E82, E87, E88, F20
- 3 series: E30, E36, E46, E90, E91, E92, E93, F30
- 5 series: E28, E34, E39, E60, E61, F10
- 6 series: E63, E64
- 7 series: E23, E32, E38, E65, E66, E67
- X1: E84 (rear diff)
- X3: E83 (rear diff)
- X5: E53, E70 (rear diff)
To determine which set is proper for your model, please watch this video. If you are not sure, you can send us the last 7 digits of your VIN so we can do it for you.
1. Z4, X3 has 188L differential type, although catalog shows 188K.
2. All models after production year 2008 have 188LW, although catalog shows 188L.
*Important note 1: before installation of RacingDiffs LSD conversion set, please inspect inner surface of small spider gears. It is important that it isn’t damaged from previous usage. Needs to be smooth, otherwise it will cause premature wear of new central pin and possible break down. If it isn’t completely smooth, please take gears to machine shop to process the surface.
*Important note 2: that all BMW models after year 2008 have welded ring gear to carrier unit. Installation of any kind of aftermarket LSD unit requires ring gear to be machined off which includes RacingDiffs Progressive LSD conversion set.
There are 2 key points which defers our kit from any other on the market:
1. NO material wrapping. We decided to make NO compromise on the material quality. So our plates are made from the highest quality tool steel, heat treated and nitrated to achieve the highest wear resistance. But that wasn't enough. We added Friction discs between plates and spider gears which are made from the same material as our LSD clutch plates. So we successfully stopped metal shavings which is the biggest problem of cheap LSD kits such as Phantom grip.
2. Increase the performance to the maximal level. How we did that? The answer is in the name - Progressive LSD conversion set. The main goal was to achieve the progressiveness. We applied the design from ZF plated LSD units with Ramp Angles. The specific Ramp angle design allows for low pre-load, while still retaining a progressive lock capability; essentially, although the vehicle will feel like driving with an open diff in slow turns/street driving, it will transmit torque to both drive wheels under load (higher revs). This Video shows how it works. So besides high load springs, RacingDiffs LSD conversion set relies on Dynamic lock from ramp angles.
With these improvements, we can say that RacingDiffs LSD conversion set is the most advanced LSD kit on the market.
*Due to continued product improvement, the product illustrated on the photo may vary slightly from the actual product.